Found this recipe long time ago at Oprah site. Made few changes here and there; replaced cinnamon with cardamom, used almonds in place of pecans, almond extract in place of vanilla and most importantly Chocolate chips which I love to add in my baking goods. The result was very good ... they turned out delicious! Hopefully will be trying more variations :)
Almond & Chocolate Chips Muffins
**************************************Adapted from Oprah
Recipe created by Tyler Florence
* Prep. Time : 10 minutes
* Cook Time : 20 minutes
* Makes : 8 muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted & cooled slightly
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/8 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / 375 F. Brush the inside of each cup of a nonstick muffin pan with some of the melted butter.
- In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder.
- Add sugar, salt and cardamom into flour mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla, and mix well.
- Fold the wet ingredients together with the dry until well blended.
- Fold in the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter equally into each cup. Sprinkle extra chopped almonds & chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tests done when pierced with a skewer.
- Let muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
This goes to the event Any One Can Cook - Series 14 , an event by Umm Mymoonah
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!