Saturday, June 4, 2011

Crunchy Sesame Cookies 2


Crunchy Sesame Cookies ... Delicious, crisp and crunchy sesame seed cookies made with cooking oil, flour, sugar, egg and sesame seeds. I've posted this recipe earlier, but this time made few changes. They were a big hit & I'm asked to bake them quite often :)

Crunchy Sesame Cookies
***************************

* Prep. Time : 20 minutes
* Cook Time : 14 - 15 minutes
* Makes : 50 cookies, depending on the shape

Ingredients :
  • 1/2 cup cooking oil
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup sesame seeds, plus extra for topping 

Method :
  • Preheat oven at 180 C / 350 F / mark 4.
  • Sift together flour & baking powder in a bowl. Add salt & sesame seeds ( 1/2 cup ); keep aside.
  • In a large bowl, whisk oil and sugar.
  • Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
  • Add flour mixture. Mix gently with hands until it comes together like a dough.
  • Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface, cut out cookies using a cookies cutter.
  • Sprinkle extra sesame seeds on top and lightly press with finger.
  • Put on the lined baking sheet and bake for 14 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.

Linking this to Sweets for a Saturday #21 by Lisa of Sweet As Sugar Cookies
I want to apologize for not visiting my fellow blogger's posts as often as I want to. I'm busy these days with some sewing projects that I need to finish. Really appreciate you taking time out of your busy life to check my posts, for your sweet comments & encouragement. You are all so kind!

Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!

39 comments :

  1. Yummy cookies... I've noticed that the cookie recipes in your blog are very simple yet look very delicious ..:) that is a welcome change..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crunchy & yummy..!!! Love the flavor of sesame in this :)
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies look so crunchy... Perfect tea time biscuit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. waooo..i love the shape specially..yummmmy
    i want to ask where do you live in pk??which city?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Reva. Sometimes the simplest things are the best, aren't they?

    Thanks a lot Santosh, Prathima & Vimitha for your sweet notes :)

    Thank you Khadija! Well dear, I live in 'The Heart of Pakistan', Lahore :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy crunchy cookies.Nice shape on the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cookies looks super scrumptious and wonderful..love that shape..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sesame is one of my most fav. seeds and I can imagine the cookies were mind blowing yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ambreen

    Lovely looking cookies . Excellent clicks.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never made anything like this and I want to. This is my husband's kind of cookie and I love when he loves what I bake.

    Thanks for linking this to Bake with Bizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot Aruna , Pushpa, Priya, Priya(Now Serving) & Deepa for your kind words :)

    Thank you so much Bizzy. I'm sure your husband will love these cookies. Let me know how they turned out if you give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your earlier cookies too and these are also looking delish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so yummy and delicious cookies !! loved the addition of sesame seeds !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crunchy and yummy! Can I have some?

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cookies must be perfect with a cup of coffee! Can I have one please?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Raji, Sravani, Madhu, Treat and Trick & Eftychia for your wonderful comments. You are more than welcome to have some :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. cookies look really nice...........

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look lovely..thanks for dropping by my blog. Seems you havn't checked my event Drive me Nuts, else I would have got these yummy treats as entries!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks great ! yummy !
    मेरी नयी पोस्ट पर आपका स्वागत है : Blind Devotion - स्त्री अज्ञानी ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome crunchy cookies!!love to have a bite..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cookies look so crunchy and flavorful with all that sesame seeds. Yummmy...

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cookies look delicious, simple and yet so tasty. Would love to have them with a cup of coffee. Have a great week Ambreen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Cook from Doha, Anamika, Sachin, Julie, Viki & Juliana for your lovely comments :)

    @ Anamika: Oh, I missed your event ... maybe next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These cookies with a great cuppa....aha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. They sound really delicious. Love the flavor of sesame seeds...yum

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the flavor of sesame and these cookies are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. hi ambreen, many thanks for visiting mehjabeen as my guest blogger.
    you have a great blog here with so many awards. congrats to you.
    i will follow your blog from now too. have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. the cookies look awesome dear! And no butter at all.. how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you Nashira, Faith, Sarah & Vardhini for your wonderful comments :)

    @ Indie.Tea: Thank you for stopping by. Glad you like this recipe :)

    @ cookingvarieties: Thank you so much for your nice words about my blog & for the following :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sesame seeds would give your cookies such a delicious and intriguing taste. They look great. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you Lisa for stopping by & for your nice words. It would be a pleasure to link to your event :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you Sweet Birdie for the visit & your sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Instead of sugar, put sweet condensed milk!!!! Its the best....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...